New Here? Read The Story behind the Box

Monday, March 12, 2012

Bok Choy Peanut Slaw

I had never eaten bok choy before I started subscribing to Abundant Harvest, but now I count it as one of my favorite vegetables! Thank you AHO!

It is equally delicious cooked or raw, and it is a mild enough taste that it goes well with a variety of different flavors. I like to simply wilt it a little with garlic and ginger, or stir-fry it with soy sauce, or put it in mooshu (Spelling!? Help!) with hoisin sauce or plum sauce. This weekend was far too warm and beautiful to spend any time inside cooking, though. It called for easy, cold, ready-to-go meals on the back patio.



So, I made my bok choy into a slaw. I did one before  that had soy sauce, ginger, and almonds in it. This one is similar, but I added some peanut butter and peanuts to it to make it a little more Thai-ish. I liked them both!



Bok Choy Peanut Slaw

Dressing:
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1 tablespoon sesame oil
2 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons prepared mustard
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup natural peanut butter

salad:

l large head bok choy, very thinly sliced
3 carrots, shredded
3 green onions, sliced
1/2 cup peanuts



In a large bowl, whisk together all the dressing ingredients, until the peanut butter is well incorporated.

Chop all the vegetables, and toss them, and the peanuts, into the dressing.