New Here? Read The Story behind the Box

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Potato feta pizza

Okay so even though I have a million cherries to enjoy and preserve for future enjoyment, it seems my family still needs to eat. As in meals. The kids don't seem to like it so much when they ask for something to eat, and I hand them a handful of cherries. For lunch.

The kids have been swimming almost every day, which helps them work up appetites that astound me. They wolf down their meals, ask for seconds, and need a snack mere minutes later, it seems. I love that they are getting lots of sunshine, exercise and nutritious food. It is what childhood is supposed to be! But it sure keeps me running circles in the kitchen, between the cooking, serving, and cleaning up.

And I really want to just play with cherries!

So, it order to keep up my pace of canning cherries and making pies, but also make sure my family doesn't pack up and move into the Taco Bell dining room, I had to do something about dinner. Something quick, easy, and filling.

Served along side a big salad and a bowl of fresh fruit, this did the trick:



Potato Feta Pizza

1 batch pizza dough (you can make your own, but I was in the middle of lots of other projects, so I grabbed Trader Joe's pizza dough. It's very handy and pretty darn good.)
2-3 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup crumbled feta cheese
1 potato, sliced thinly
salt and pepper to taste
2-3 teaspoons dried or fresh rosemary

Roll the pizza dough out onto a baking stone or baking sheet, and brush with olive oil. Sprinkle feta evenly, and lay the potato slices out in a single layer. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and rosemary to taste. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes, until the crust is browning and the potatoes are cooked through.