New Here? Read The Story behind the Box

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Roast Baby Potatoes

while you are reading this, I am camping far far away from my computer. I am off where cell signal doesn't exist, and if there is wifi, I don't want to know about it. I may come down from the mountain once or twice during the week to check in with the housesitter, but I may not. Hopefully I am cooking up lots of great meals and even greater memories that I will share with you when I get back.


I am learning that the potato, she does not stop. Apparently the infinite number of varieties of potatoes can grow all year round. The most recent potatoes to come to my house, though, have been these adorable little guys.


And they're not just another pretty face. They're yummy! They are much creamier than their big hulking cousins, and they have a rather sweet flavor. I am not going to fawn over them the way I made a corn spectacle of myself yesterday, but I am going to say that once again, I am becoming a veggie snob. I don't think I can ever go back to plain old grocery store potatoes that don't really taste like much of anything. Not after enjoying these sweet little guys.

To prepare these potatoes, I simply tossed them in oil and herbs and roasted them in the oven, whole. They are the perfect size for popping in your mouth, and the crispy skin and creamy inside is absolutely to die for.


Roast Baby Potatoes

1 pound baby potatoes
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon dried rosemary
salt and pepper

Wash the potatoes. Toss with olive oil and remaining ingredients. Spread on a baking sheet and roast at 450 for about 30 minutes.