New Here? Read The Story behind the Box

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I have found what I was looking for

This:

Is what vegetables are supposed to be. Light. Fresh. Flavorful. Delicious.

This zucchini carpaccio is a recipe I found on the website of Gaby, over at What's Gaby Cooking. I can't remember how I stumbled onto her website, but she is an adorable young cook who lives in southern California... which means that I can cook any single one of her recipes, since I theoretically should have access to all the same foods she does. I think I might just start at #1 and work my way through all of her recipes, as a matter of fact.  She is pretty much my new favorite food blogger.

Speaking of other bloggers, can anyone who uses blogger tell me how I can make a list of the blogs I follow along the right column of my homepage? I would love to link over to some of these blogs that inspire my cooking and my writing. Then their readership would skyrocket, I'm sure.

But getting back to that plate of deliciousness, zucchini carpaccio is side dish/salad made of zucchini cut into ribbons, fresh basil, feta cheese, and a lemon vinaigrette. It is so fresh and cool and delicious that I am really kicking myself for putting zucchini in something so banal as a foil dinner this week. What a waste. I should be taking every zucchini that comes my way and elevating it to carpaccio status. And so should you.