New Here? Read The Story behind the Box

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

enough with the lemons, already!

This is the last lemon recipe I am going to share with you, I promise. Unless I find another one I like.

My daughter has been asking and asking me to make lemon pancakes, after she saw a recipe for them in her magazine.  I am not usually up to cooking big breakfasts on school days... scrambled eggs can be considered a gourmet meal around here. But, she is just so dang sweet, and she doesn't ask for much.

Of course, (don't tell her this) I had to fiddle with the recipe a bit.

These are actually not as bad for you as some pancakes might be, due to the fact that I used wheat flour and they contain plain yogurt. The lightness of the lemon nicely balances the chewiness of the whole wheat.

Good morning to you!

Lemon Pancakes

2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
4 Tablespoons oil
2 cups whole wheat flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons lemon zest
1/4 cup lemon juice
additional milk to thin, if desired

Mix egg, milk, yogurt and oil; beat lightly. Add flour, baking powder, sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice, and mix well. Add more milk if desired for thinner pancakes.
Spoon onto hot griddle, cooking until golden brown on each side.