New Here? Read The Story behind the Box

Thursday, April 7, 2011

LEMONADE, 25C A GLASS

In case you forgot, I was gifted a huge pile of lemons picked fresh from a neighbor's tree. I have been busy busy busy baking, simmering, and juicing them, and that has turned this into "Lemon Week" at my house.

Someone asked me today, "Haven't you made any lemonade with all those lemons your neighbor gave you?" I said, "Of course I have!"  "Well, I haven't seen it on your blog."

Apparently if it doesn't appear here, it didn't really happen.

So, to satisfy curious minds, here is how I made my lemonade. (There is absolutely no substitute for fresh homemade lemonade. Not the stuff in the frozen concentrate section, not the stuff in the refrigerator section. And certainly nothing that comes to your house as powder.)


Lemonade:

Juice enough lemons to make 1 cup.

Add 4 cups of water, 2/3 cup sugar, and stir.

That's it! It's a magic ratio that comes out perfect, every time. Now, let the kids sell it on the corner, so they can pay for all of the sugar you are using to make all kinds of lemon treats these days.

Stay tuned... later this week I will provide some recipes for some more, shall we say, adult lemon beverages. I do have to pace myself, though, so be patient.