New Here? Read The Story behind the Box

Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Little Person inside Google

After a long week of vegetable battles and other battles, I needed a break. By Friday afternoon, I was just plain exhausted.  I fixed myself a margarita, and lo and behold, it turns out there was inspiration in the middle of that glass! I decided that while the kids were eating leftovers, I was going to have cookies for dinner.

A couple of weeks ago, someone mentioned brown butter cookies, and I haven't gotten them out of my head since.  I googled "brown butter cookies", and carefully read and compared several chose the very first of the 18 million online recipes I found.

What does this have to do with vegetables? Everything I do these days has to do with vegetables.

As I was browning the butter for the cookies, I happened to notice the side of the webpage, where there was a list of "Related Recipes." One of the recipes linked there was "Artichoke Muffins."

ARTICHOKE MUFFINS DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING IN COMMON WITH BROWN BUTTER COOKIES!!!

Pardon me for yelling, but I was trying to escape the vegetables. I was trying to drown my sorrows in a drink and some junk food.  And there was some little person watching me use the computer. There was some little person inside Google, who thought it would be funny to watch my reaction when he suggested artichoke muffins to me, even though they have nothing to do with cookies.

Here is the thing, though.  My initial reaction was this: Hmm... artichoke muffins. I wonder if the kids would eat those? Maybe I should look at the recipe.


Maybe that little person has gotten into my head, too.