New Here? Read The Story behind the Box

Thursday, March 3, 2011

While I was enjoying a cheeseburger and fries...

I got a rare chance to go out for an adult-only event last night. Ordinarily, when I have a babysitter, I cook a frozen pizza or make a pot of macaroni and cheese. Clearly, though, those two meals don't help empty the house of all these vegetables provide a nutritious, vitamin-packed, healthy, satisfying meal for my brood.  And goodness only knows, I am not going to let a meal escape me where I don't make a dent in Mount Produce.


However, given the war that was waged over the itsy bitsy teeny weeny little bell pepper the night before, it just didn't seem fair to make the babysitter have to sit through that. Plus, then she might refuse to ever come back, and she is the best babysitter ever.

So, I did it. I hid the vegetables. Don't tell the kids... I put one of my carrot puree disks into a batch of meatballs, and another into spaghetti sauce. And no one knew!

heh.